Workers’ Compensation Not Only Type of Recovery in California Construction Accidents
The construction industry is well-known to be an extremely dangerous profession in which several employees are injured or killed on the job every year. In many cases, victims injured in construction accidents must rely solely on workers’ compensation, awards that are often only a fraction of a person’s regular earnings and inadequate for maintaining the standard of living a person had become accustomed to before his or her injury.
Not all victims of construction accidents are subject to this limitation though. Certain cases involving the negligence of other parties can result in separate legal actions against those parties.
The Los Angeles Injury Group can conduct an independent investigation of your accident scene and determine all negligent parties. Call (310) 954-7248 right now to have our firm schedule a free consultation that will allow our Los Angeles personal injury attorney to provide a complete evaluation of your case.
Types of Third-Party Claims in California Construction Accidents
California prohibits people injured on the job in construction accidents from suing their employers. The same protection is not afforded to other parties that may have been responsible for a person’s injuries.
Some common kinds of third-party claims might include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Crashes on the job caused by other drivers can make those motorists liable for your injuries.
- Defective Equipment — Many workers on construction sites use extremely complex machinery, and improperly maintained or defective equipment may make manufacturers or other parties liable for a victim’s injuries.
- Contractor or Subcontractor Negligence — Injury claims can become much more complicated when they involve the possible negligence of a contractor or subcontractor, either of which could be held liable.
- Property Owners — Injuries that are the result of certain property hazards may make property owners liable to victims for failure to warn them about the specific dangers.
Depending on the cause of an accident, additional liable parties could include architects, engineers, or safety managers.
Common Kinds of Construction Accidents in California
The Los Angeles Injury Group handles many different kinds of construction accident cases. Our firm handles injuries caused by what the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) refers to as the “Fatal Four”:
- Struck by object
- Caught-in and caught-between accidents
Other kinds of construction accidents in California include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Machine failures
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Scaffolding collapses
- Crane accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Trench collapses
Find a Construction Accident Attorney in Los Angeles
Did you sustain serious injuries or was your loved one killed in a construction accident in Southern California? Contact the Los Angeles Injury Group as soon as possible.
Our experienced Los Angeles personal injury lawyer can help you determine all negligent parties in your case and ensure each of them is held fully accountable. Call (310) 954-7248 or contact us online to have our firm review your case and help you understand all of your legal options during a free consultation.