Dedicated Los Angeles CA Personal Injury Attorney Will Prioritize Your Injury Case
find out if you have a case!
Back injuries are common in many accidents, including car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and workplace accidents. If you have suffered a back injury due to an accident or someone else’s negligence or recklessness, a personal injury attorney can help you protect your rights and pursue compensation to cover your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Back Injury Accidents in Los Angeles
Lower back pain is the number one cause of disability and it accounts for most cases of back injuries. Back injuries¹ tend to cause chronic and life-long problems, but the full extent of the injury may not be apparent for months or even years after the accident.
Common back injuries in California include:
- Protruding disc which occurs when soft cartilage in the center of a disc sticks into the spinal column.
- Bulging disc in which more than 50% of the soft cartilage in the disc is pushed out into the spinal column. While the soft cartilage has not pushed through the outer layer of the disc, a bulging disc can compress nerve roots.
- Herniated disc in which the inner cartilage of a disc tears through the outer layer, usually compressing a nerve root or the spinal cord.
- Spinal cord injuries such as spinal fractures, which occur when a bone in the spine collapses or fractures
- Paralysis, the partial or total loss of sensation and function that involves motion in part of the body. A severe back injury can disrupt communication between the brain and parts of the body.
- Cervical lumbar sprains
- Thoracic muscle sprains
- Soft tissue damage
- Chronic back pain
Contact a Los Angeles Back Injury Attorney
For more information about our injury category, click here.
Accidents that result in a back injury may be mild or very severe. While some back injuries result in nothing more than a sprained muscle, serious accidents can cause chronic pain, disability, or even death. The person or persons responsible for your injuries are typically responsible for compensating you for the accident. If you have been hurt in an accident that has led to a back injury, a personal injury attorney can help you protect your rights and build a case to seek damages for your medical bills, lost wages, reduced earning capacity, and pain and suffering. Contact the Los Angeles Injury Group today for a free consultation with a back injury lawyer in Los Angeles to discuss your case.
Back Injuries¹ – http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/guide/pain-management-back-pain