Dedicated Los Angeles CA Personal Injury Attorney Will Prioritize Your Injury Case
find out if you have a case!
Losing someone you love is devastating, but when a loved one’s death was the result of someone else’s negligence or wrongful acts, the pain can be even greater. Along with the grief and pain, you are also left struggling to move on without your loved one. If someone you love has been killed due to the negligence or recklessness of someone else, Our Los Angeles Wrongful Death Attorney can help you hold the responsible party accountable to obtain financial compensation to help you move forward.
Understanding Wrongful Death Claims
When someone dies due to the fault of someone else, survivors may be able to bring a wrongful death claim to seek compensation for the survivors’ losses, including lost wages, funeral expenses, and lost companionship. A wrongful death claim must be filed by a representative on behalf of the decedent’s survivors who suffered damage as a result of the death. People who may bring a wrongful death lawsuit in California includes:
- Immediate family members, including spouses, biological and adopted children, and parents of unmarried adults.
- Domestic partners and putative spouses, or someone who had a good faith belief he or she was married to the decedent.
- More distant family members, in some cases, such as a grandparent raising a child.
Common Types of Wrongful Death Claims in Los Angeles
There are many ways in which the wrongful actions or negligence of another can lead to loss
of life. Wrongful death claims may involve any type of fatal incident from a car accident
or medical malpractice to product liability. In California, people, companies, and
even government agencies may be found legally at fault for negligence or intentional acts.
The following are the most common situations that lead to wrongful death claims:
- Car accidents. Over 300,000 people are killed in car accidents every year, although not all are due to negligence or recklessness. Car accidents caused by speeding, reckless driving, drunk driving, and distracted driving, among other situations, may lead to a wrongful death claim.
- Motorcycle accidents. Many motorcycle accidents happen when drivers fail to see motorcyclists on the road, especially while changing lanes or passing through an intersection.
- Medical malpractice. When doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals fail to
follow proper procedures or show due care to patients, medical malpractice may be
the result. Common examples of medical malpractice claims of wrongful death
include birth injuries, incorrect diagnosis, improper treatment, surgical
errors, and pharmaceutical errors.
- Workplace accidents. In most cases of fatal workplace accidents, survivors are entitled
to death benefits through California’s workers’ compensation system. It may be possible
to sue for negligence in some cases, however.
Contact a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Los Angeles
Here are all the accident categories, click here.
If you have lost someone you love due to the negligence or wrongful acts of another, you may have the right to seek financial compensation from our personal injury attorney in Los Angeles California to help you cover funeral expenses, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering to help you support your family and move on. Contact the Los Angeles Injury Group today for a free consultation with Los Angeles wrongful death lawyer to discuss your case.