Dedicated Los Angeles CA Personal Injury Attorney Will Prioritize Your Injury Case
find out if you have a case!
Construction Site Injury? A Construction Accident Lawyer Best Bet
Construction has historically been one of the most dangerous occupations in the country, accounting for nearly 16% of all workplace fatalities. While California’s safety record is better than average regarding deaths, the state does exceed the national rate of workplace injuries and fatalities. Many factors contribute to construction injuries in California with accidental falls and being hit by equipment or objects remaining the two leading causes of injuries and deaths.
Over just two years, construction injuries cost the California economy an estimated $2.9 billion, but the cost to the victims is even greater. Many construction accident victims are left with severe injuries, such as amputation, disfigurement, disability, traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, and more. Sometimes these injuries make it impossible for construction workers to return to work to support their family.
If you or someone you love has been hurt or killed in a construction accident, a construction accident injury attorney in Los Angeles can help you explore your legal options and seek the compensation you need to rebuild your life.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents in California
The following are some of the most common construction site accidents in Los Angeles:
- Falls. Falls are the number one cause of construction injuries. Workers are at risk of falling while working on cranes, scaffolding, roofs, and ladders.
- Falling objects. The second-most common cause of accidents is falling objects. Construction workers face the risk of being struck by objects and building materials that are not secured properly. This includes objects like tools or materials falling from scaffolding, a crane, or a forklift.
- Equipment-related accidents. Heavy machinery is a common source of injuries. Accidents can occur with forklifts, cranes, trenchers, and other heavy machinery.
- Trench collapse. Millions of miles of trenches are dug every year to install cables and utilities and build foundations. Workers face the risk of trench collapse if the trench is not shored properly.
Typical construction accident cases we see include the following:
- Crane Accidents
- Electrocution Accidents
- Explosion Accidents
- Forklift Accidents
- Heavy Machinery Accidents
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Trench Accidents
Contact a Los Angeles Construction Accident Injury Lawyer
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a construction site accident, a Los Angeles injury attorney can help you navigate the complex workers’ compensation claims process and pursue additional compensation if a third party is liable for your wounds. Contact the Law Office of Tawni Takagi today for a free consultation with a construction accident injury attorney in Los Angeles to discuss your case.