fast settlements / speak to a lawyer today / free phone consultation

Crescent City, CA – Car Runs Off Road In Highway Accident

Crescent City, CA (November 17, 2018) – The California Highway Patrol responded to an automobile collision on Friday afternoon around 2:00. The accident occurred on Highway 101 near Sand Mine Road and the Crescent Beach Motel.

Two vehicles, a Dodge Caravan and a white SUV of unconfirmed make, collided in the middle of the roadway causing one of them to run off the road and end up in a nearby ditch. Paramedics arrived quickly on the scene along with the local fire departments. Medical injuries suffered by the occupants of both vehicles were tended to at the scene of the accident.

Neither of the victim’s names has been released yet, nor has any update on their condition. The accident is still under investigation according to local law enforcement.


Determining Fault In California

California is an “at fault” state for car accidents. What this means is that it is possible for both parties involved to actually be assigned a portion of the blame for the car accident. For example, after looking at the facts surrounding the situation, an insurance adjuster may determine that a driver who failed to yield the right of way and crashed into another car is 75% at fault for the collision, but the other driver did not have their headlights on and it was grey and rainy outside so they may be assigned the remaining 25% of the “fault”. The percentage of fault, if any, assigned to you can have a direct effect on how much financial compensation you are eligible to try and claim.

If you have been involved in a car accident, do not count on the insurance companies to do the right thing. If you want someone by your side who has your best interests at heart and a thorough knowledge of how insurance companies try to get out of paying, then you need to reach out to the Los Angeles Injury Group. Our attorneys are experienced in building cases from the ground up that are in the best interest of our clients. We want to get you the financial compensation that you deserve for your car accident. For a free consultation regarding your case, please give us a call at (310) 954-7248 and speak with someone today.

Note for the readers: This post has been derived from the use of secondary sources and the information provided has not been independently confirmed. The photos depicted in these posts are not representative of the actual accident.  Any inaccuracies will be swiftly corrected once they have been brought to the site’s attention and all requests to remove posts will be honored.

Disclaimer: This post is intended to provide general information to our readers and to honor the victims of everyday tragedies. We do not wish to cause any disrespect and none of the information contained in this post should be construed to constitute legal or medical advice. Laws vary by jurisdiction and cases often turn on minor differences In fact. Do not rely exclusively on any of the information contained in this post and seek further assistance from a legal or medical professional, where necessary.

Recent Legal Articles

Maximizing Your Recovery is Our # 1 Priority!

We Settle Big, We Settle Fast or We go to trial! Our Clients are like family!

Accident News

Small Law Firm Attention, Big Firm Results

Our Los Angeles CA Personal Injury attorney will Represent you through the good, the bad and the ugly. Call us for a free case evaluation.

why choose us?

Personal Injury Lawyer Los Angeles CA
no fees unless you win the case The Personal Injury Lawyers in Los Angeles you can trust
  • Speak to a Real Attorney Now
  • No Recovery. No Fee.
  • Hablamos Espanol
  • We'll Come to You
  • Successful Track Record
  • Our Clients Mean More Than Money