Common Causes Of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur anywhere at any time throughout Los Angeles and they often result in life-threatening injuries. Sometimes these accidents can be fatal. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, there were 4,102 fatal truck accidents. These accidents can be very overwhelming for everyone involved. The expensive medical bills start to pile up and often create a lot of stress in the lives of injured victims.
If you or someone you love has sustained injuries in a truck accident, a truck accident attorney at Los Angeles Injury Group can help you explore your legal options. Our attorneys will work diligently to help you recover the maximum amount of compensation to help you with compiling medical costs.
Every truck accident case is different from one another and many different factors affect these cases. Some factors include the cause of the accident, the time of day, the weather conditions, and who the at-fault party was. Filing a claim can be very confusing when you are unsure of all the details that pertain to a legal claim. The truck accident attorneys at Los Angeles Injury Group can help you understand how to file a legal claim and how much yours is worth. Our attorneys will break down each factor to help you better understand the entire process. We want to help you recover the compensation you deserve and will stand by your side every step of the way.
Causes Of Truck Accidents
There are many different reasons why truck accidents occur. The most common causes of truck accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving: Drives can become distracted by texting on their phones or opening up a bottle of soda pop. It doesn’t matter what type of distraction you face, any type of distraction can increase your risk of being involved in an accident. Set all distractions aside while you are driving and deal with them once you have stopped your vehicle and can give it your full attention.
- Equipment Failure: This can include faulty breaks, a malfunctioning engine, a damaged side-view mirror, or a flat tire. This kind of failure could cause a dangerous truck accident to occur. You should always do routine truck checkups to ensure safety on the Los Angeles roadways.
- Driving Under The Influence: Driving intoxicated can lead to some very serious accidents. It doesn’t matter if an individual taking illegal drugs or drinking and driving, these can all result in life-threatening injuries or fatal accidents. If an individual decides to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, their reaction times and overall judgment is greatly affected.
- Fatigue Driving: Truck drivers often have to reach tight deadlines. Since there are such high expectations for them to deliver goods in a short timeframe, many of them will drive far distances without stopping to rest. It is very dangerous to drive drowsy since you have slower reaction times. Often a drive will start to swerve between lanes and not even realize it because they are too drowsy to realize. If you are driving and find it hard to keep your eyes open, you should always pull off in a rest area or hotel to get some sleep.
Determining Who Is At Fault
It can be difficult to determine who the at-fault party was in a truck accident because many different parties work on the trucks. If you have been involved in a truck accident it is important to determine what factors contributed to the accident. Listed below are some individuals who may be responsible for your accident.
- Truck Company: The pressure truck companies put on their drivers are often the cause of dangerous accidents. There are other times where the truck company doesn’t do a proper background check to ensure they are hiring safe drivers.
- Truck Manufacturer: If a truck accident was caused by a defective part, then the truck manufacturer should be held liable. The manufactures are supposed to do routine checkups and report any parts that aren’t working properly.
- Truck Driver: If the truck driver fails to leave proper braking distance between themselves and a car in front of them or if they were distracted driving and cause an accident, then they should be held liable. Every driver is responsible for transporting their trucks safely while following all traffic signs.
Why Truck Accidents Are Common
Many truck accidents occur due to human error. This means a truck driver was driving too fast for conditions, texting and driving, or made an illegal turn that caused an accident. Since these trucks weigh 20-30 times more than every other vehicle, these accidents tend to result in life-threatening injuries or can even be fatal. If you were involved in a truck accident, a highly trained attorney at Los Angeles Injury Group can help you investigate your accident and help you file a legal claim.
Los Angeles Injury Group Truck Accident Attorney
If you have sustained injuries in a truck accident you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries related to the accident. You don’t have to go through this stressful time alone after an accident occurs. Contact an attorney at Los Angeles Injury Group to determine what your truck accident case is worth. Our attorneys at Los Angeles Injury Group will assist you with your entire legal case and evaluate your entire accident before filing a claim.
You must have a strong legal team on your side. You want to work with someone who is looking out for your best interest. We create client-lawyer relationships to establish trust so we can reach the best results for our clients. Our attorneys will keep you informed every step of the way and answer any questions you might have throughout the entire process. We want to make sure you have the best chance of receiving the highest value of compensation.
The attorneys at Los Angeles Injury Group are here to help you. The truck accident attorneys want injured victims to focus on their recovery process because they don’t need to stress about the legal situation. We will file a claim on your behalf. We strive to provide excellent service to make sure you receive the proper compensation amount to help you with your medical costs. Contact our office today to set up a consultation and determine a plan of action for your truck accident claim. Call us at (310)-954-7248.