Product liability is a broad area
of California law that covers defects in a product’s design or manufacturing and how it is marketed to consumers. If a product’s design or defect leads to an injury, the victim may have the right to bring a case against the manufacturer or retailer to seek compensation. If a large group of consumers has been affected but without serious injuries, a class action lawsuit may be appropriate.
Product liability cases are notoriously complex
as they require proving a product was defective and that the user was using the product according to manufacturer instructions. In many cases, manufacturers defend themselves against product liability cases by claiming improper use of the product or failure to follow instructions. If you have been hurt by a dangerous or defective product, an experienced product liability attorney in Los Angeles can help you understand your legal options and protect your rights.
Common Types of Product Liability in California
Almost any type of product can be dangerous due to poor design, manufacturing defects, or insufficient instruction. The following are the most common types of dangerous products that lead to injuries:
- Auto defects. Common defective auto parts include seat belts that do not restrain passengers, air bags that do not deploy correctly, and brakes that fail.
- Boats, jet skis, and other watercraft.
- Children’s toys.
- Child car seats.
- Improper labels or instructions can cause injuries if consumers are not warned how to use the product correctly.
- From hand tools to industrial machinery, machines and tools can cause serious injury and even death when there are design or manufacturing defects.
- Medical devices.
- Recreational products for children and adults, including ATVs.
- Sports equipment like helmets and mountain bikes.
Contact a Product Liability Lawyer in California
To learn more about our other liability cases we handle, click here.
No consumer should suffer for buying and using a product as advertised. Unfortunately, defective and poorly designed products hurt thousands of consumers every day, sometimes resulting in severe injuries or even death. If you or someone you love has been hurt or killed by a defective or poorly designed product, an experienced product liability lawyer
can help you explore your legal options, build a case, and seek compensation for your injuries. Contact the Law Office of Tawni Takagi
today for a free consultation with a Los Angeles product liability attorney
to discuss your case.