Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles, Ca
find out if you have a case!
Help From A Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorney
California leads the nation in licensed motorcyclists. While motorcycle fatalities dropped 13% in California in 2013, the trend was reversed the next year with a 23% spike in motorcycle accidents and deaths. In Los Angeles¹, motorcycle accidents have climbed 49% with 59% more fatalities. According to experts, the spike in motorcycle accidents is likely caused by more inexperienced riders on the ride thanks to lower gas prices and a strengthening economy.
Motorcycle accidents are often very serious for motorcyclists who lack the safety protections that vehicles provide. Even low-speed accidents can cause motorcyclists to be thrown from their bike. Motorcycle crashes are so deadly that they are 35 times more likely to be fatal than car accidents.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle accident and someone else was to blame, motorcycle accident attorneys in Los Angeles can help you explore your legal options and seek the compensation you need to rebuild your life. Call our best personal injury attorney in Los Angeles at (310) 954-7248 For Free Consultation
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Los Angeles?
There are many factors that can contribute to motorcycle crashes in California, but they are usually the result of negligent drivers. The following are the most common causes of crashes in LA:
- Head-on collisions account for 56% of motorcycle deaths. In three-quarters of these accidents, a vehicle strikes the motorcycle from the front.
- Vehicle-making a left-hand turn. More than 40% of crashes involve a vehicle making a left-hand turn and striking a motorcyclist. This usually happens when a motorcyclist is driving through an intersection or trying to overtake a vehicle. In the majority of these accidents, the vehicle making the turn is at fault for the accident.
- Lane splitting. California law allows lane splitting, but it can be very dangerous when motorcyclists drive between two lanes of traffic. Motorcyclists may be struck when motorists do not expect a vehicle between lanes.
- Speeding and alcohol. About half of motorcycle crashes in California involving a single vehicle are caused by alcohol or speeding.
- Road hazards. Motorcycles are far more vulnerable to hazards like potholes, gravel, and dead animals as they are not as stable as vehicles.
- High-performance motorcycles make up a very large percentage of motorcycle crashes as they are built to travel up to 160 mph. Most sports bikes are driven by men under 30 who have less experience driving a motorcycle.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to seek legal counsel from an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Los Angeles before talking to the insurance company, as claims adjusters work for the insurance company, not you. An adjuster’s job is limiting payouts for the insurance company and a settlement may not cover your losses. Contact the Law Office of Tawni Takagi today for a free consultation with a Los Angeles Motorcycle Injury Attorney to discuss your legal options.
Los Angeles¹ –https://www.lacity.org/