Truck Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles, CA
find out if you have a case!
Discover An Experienced Truck Accident Attorney Of Los Angeles
Truck accidents are all too common in California and these accidents often result in significant injuries, especially when the accident involves a passenger car colliding with a commercial truck. Every year, there are more than 200 fatal truck accidents in California and more than 5,000 truck accidents that cause injuries, according to the California Highway Patrol¹. If you have been hurt in a truck accident in Los Angeles, a truck accident lawyer in Los Angeles can help you explore your options and build a case to seek fair compensation for your injuries. Contact our personal injury attorney Los Angeles California or Call at (310) 954-7248 Free Consultation.
What Causes Truck Accidents in Los Angeles?
Every truck accident case is unique, and there are dozens of potential causes of any accident. Still, several factors contribute to most truck accidents in California
- Driver fatigue. Driving a truck for long hours can be exhausting. Federal laws require truck drivers keep logs and limit their time on the road, but driver fatigue is still common. Driver fatigue is believed to be the number one cause of truck accidents in the U.S.
- Speeding. 18 wheelers take much longer to stop than passenger vehicles. Truck drivers who are driving too fast can easily lose control of the truck or rear-end another vehicle. According to federal statistics, 24% of commercial truck drivers involved in an accident had at least one speeding violation on their record.
- Poor loading. The way in which the truck’s trailer is loaded can impact how the truck handles on the road.
Other causes of truck accidents include:
- Poor road conditions
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Improper truck maintenance
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Insufficient driver training
- Damaged equipment
Contact a Los Angeles Truck Accident Attorney Today
If you have been hurt in a truck accident in Los Angeles, it’s important to seek representation from an experienced truck accident lawyer in Los Angeles. Truck accident claims are usually complicated as many parties may be liable, including the driver, the trucking company, and the company in charge of maintenance. Do not speak to an insurance company before you talk to a Los Angeles truck accident attorney about your case as the insurance adjuster’s job is minimizing payouts for the company. Accepting an offer or making a statement can limit or forfeit your right to additional compensation for your injuries. Contact the Law Office of Tawni Takagi today for a free consultation with a truck accident attorney in Los Angeles to discuss your case.
California Highway Patrol¹ – https://www.chp.ca.gov/